17th-28th February 2019
17th Feb 2019 Arrival Delhi
Meeting assistance on your arrival at Delhi airport and transfer to hotel.
Evening meeting with the guide for discussion of photo shoot program in Kolkata for next 02 days photo opportunity
1 - Kindly note the check in time is 12:00 hrs. If your international flight arrives at the midnight or early morning, room
on immediate occupation on the previous day might be needed as early check in is not guaranteed
2 - Please note that only one arrival transfer is included in our package cost, if guest will arrive different flight then
additional arrival transfer charges will be applicable
18 Feb 2019 Delhi – Vishakhapatnam
(Flight at 0700/0915 Hrs) – Rayagada (Drive 220kms – 04 Hours)
After breakfast departure transfer to airport to board the flight for Vishakapatnam. Meeting assistance on your arrival
at Vishakhapatnam & straight drive to Rayagada. Check in to hotel. Evening at the Dinner brief discussion about the next
day morning photography & the tribes of Kondhmal District
19 Feb 2019 Rayagada – Tumudibandh
(Drive 150kms -2.30hrs) – Rayagada
Today we will take you to Tumudibandh for photo oportunity of Tattoo faced Kondh at their weekly market & afternoon
visit their Village to capture photo shoot of there village life. Weekly market of all the Tribes start around 10-11 O'clock.
Our drive to the weekly market would be around 2.30hrs Non stop. We might meet the road side activities on this drive.
So we will leave around 8.30hrs.. Drive to the market. Get into the market area & find out the beautiful tatoo faced
women of Kutia Kondh Group. They are shy to photography. Please have patience & let the Guide interact with to
photograph them. We will have lunch at a road side small motel. After Lunch, we will drive to one of the villages of this
tribal group & photograph the activities what ever is available there. Drive back to Hotel for Dinner & Overnight.
20 Feb 2019 Rayagada – Market (Drive - 50kms- 01 Hour) – Rayagada – Gaudaguda (Drive 75kms- 2hours)
Visit of Dongariya Kondh at their weekly market & afternoon drive to Gaudaguda. Early morning around 0700hrs., we
will leave for the weekly market of Dongariya Kondh group. We will arrive around 0800hrs. At this market. Photography
of this group is also difficult like any other tribal groups in Odisha. After Photography, we will come back to the hotel.
Later on drive to Gaudaguda Sahi after Lunch. Check in to this unit. If time permits, we will go to meet the potters in this
21 Feb 2019 Gaudaguda Sahi – Bonda Market (Drive 120kms – 03 Hours) – Gaudaguda Sahi
Visit of the Bonda & Gadaba groups at their weekly market. Early morning around 0600hrs.. Leave for the weekly market
of Bonda & Gadaba people. Reach here by 0900hrs.. & with the instruction of the Guide, enjoy the photography of the
most colourful tribe of odisha. Later on after a picnic lunch, drive to One of the villages of gadhaba people to enjoy a
dance called Dhemsa at their village. Back to hotel for over night.
22 Feb 2019 Gaudaguda Sahi – Potters Village (Drive 50kms – 01 Hrs) – Kunduli market (Drive 30kms – 01
Hrs) –Koraput (Drive 50kms -1.30 Hrs)–Gaudaguda Sahi (Drive 50kms-1.30 Hrs)–Rayagada (Drive 75kms - 2hrs)
Morning around 0700hrs we will leave for the Potters’ village. Later on visit to the weekly market of the Paraja group at
their village & market. Board the evening train from Rayagada to Puri. Morning after breakfast around 8, we will leave
for the Pottors of Limica village. Later on we will drive to Kunduli market. This is the largest market of Tribal Odisha
where around 15-18 thousand Paraja people attend this weekly market from differnt villages around this place. After
the market, we will drive to Koraput & visit the Jagannath temple where foreigners are allowed inside. Later on drive to
Chanduri sai for Late Lunch. After Lunch we will leave for Rayagada. Evening we will board the train around 2335hrs.
23 Feb 2019 Arrival at Puri
Arrival at Puri at 0920hrs and transfer to hotel. After breakfast visit to the Grand Trunk Road of Puri where you can see
the local market of Puri. Visit to the Jagannath temple area. We will use the Platform of Raghunandan Library to watch
this temple as ONLY HINDUS ARE ALLOWED in this temple. Afternoon we will photograph the Sand Art Demonstrators
on the sea beach as well as the Open air Beach market which opens only during evening time & the local shop keepers
never lock their stalls on the sand.
24 Feb 2019 Puri – Raghurajpur (Drive 15kms - 30 minutes) – Konark (Drive 30kms -45minutes)
Morning Drive to Raghurajpur Artisans' village. Watch the preparation of the Gotipua Dancers at their Ashram. Visit the
village. Later on photo shoot of Gotipua Dance & drive to Konark. Check in to the River side Community camp site. Visit
to the Fishermen' village & later on during evening visit to the Open air Auditorium for Dance Festival. Also during
afternoon time, World Famous Artist Padmashree Sudarshan Pattanaik work on Sand Art demonstration during this
25 Feb 2019 Konark – Heerapur (Drive 50kms- 1hrs) – Bhubaneshwar (Drive 30kms -01hrs)
Early morning drive to Chandrabhaga beach for photography. After Breakfast, visit to the Sun temple at Konark. After
Lunch drive to Bhubaneshwar visiting Chaushathi Yogini temple at Heerapur. Heerapur area also is famous for the Bel
Metal workers which can be photographed in the best way. Check in to hotel.
26 Feb 2019 Bhubaneshwar – Nuapatna (Drive 75kms-2hrs) – Sadeibarini (Drive 20kms-30minutes) –
Dhenkanal (Drive 15kms- 30 minutes)
Morning leave around 07.30hrs. We will reach the Ikata Weavers at Nuapatna & photograph the processing.
Later on drive to Dokra Metal workers at Sadeibarini. Photography there depending on the light. Or else we can come
back late afternoon too. Very interesting villages to photograph. Evening visit to the Mahima Alekh Sadhu Ashram
(40kms/1hr) to photograph this unique group of Sadhus at their Ashram during the Fire worship rituals.
27 Feb 2019 Bhubaneshwar – Delhi (Flight at 1350/1620 Hrs)
In time departure transfer to Bhubaneshwar airport to board the flight for Delhi. Meeting assistance on your arrival at
Delhi airport and transfer to hotel for overnight stay
28 Feb 2019 Delhi Departure
In time departure transfer to International airport to board the flight for onward journey
Note – Please note hotel check out time is 1200 Hrs
|Slab||Prices in USD|
|02 -04 Pax||USD 2600 Per Person sharing double room|
|Single Room Supplement||USD 605 Per Single|
|Airfare Supplement for Delhi - Vishakhapatnam – Bhuvneshwar – Delhi sector||USD 200 Per Person (This is present airfare and subject to change at the time of issuance)|
|CITY||HOTEL||No. of nights|
|Delhi||Pride Plaza (Airport 5*hotel)||01 Night|
|Raigada||Sai International - 03+ Star||02 Nights|
|Gaudaguda||Chanduri Sai Guest House||02 Nights|
|Puri||Hans Coco Palms – 04 Star||01 Night|
|Konark||Nature Camp Konark Retreat||01 Night|
|Bhubaneshwar||Hotel Crown – 04 Star||01 Night|
|Dhenkanal||Dhenkanal Royal Home Stay||01 Nights|
|Delhi||Pride Plaza (Airport 5*hotel)||01 Night|
PACKAGE PRICE INCLUDES:
1. Entrance fees of the scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
2. Activities as listed in the itinerary.
3. Accommodations: Rooms based on twin / double bed or a queen size bed; Please note twin bed room is on request basis which is subject to Hotel's availability and re-confirmation upon check-in. Single Supplement will be applicable if any guest will stay in single room *All meals are included in our tour package except Delhi which is on bed and breakfast basis. Please note that Lunch will served in mid-way (small motels) in Odisha *Service, room facilities and breakfast might be not up to standard in some remote areas. *Check-in & Check-out time: Generally, check-in is after 14:00 HOURS and check out before 12:00 HOURS NOON. Early check-in and late checkout are subject to room availability and may generate additional full day room rate.
4. Highly Experienced Accompanying English speaking guide service
5. Meeting and assistance by our representative on arrival/departure at Airport/hotel. *Please note that our representative in each city or area will not fly/drive with you from one city to another.
6.Village entry fees
7.One Tribal dance & One Gotipua Dance performance
8. Private Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in each city or area by private air conditioned vehicle with driver. The transfer service on arrival and departure date is for the whole group at one time. If separate transfers are requested, extra charge will be needed.
9. A/C Vehicle in India: 6-seater Toyota Innova for 02 Pax and Tempo Traveller (Mini Van) for 03 to 04 Pax 10. Flights or Trains as listed in the itinerary. Flights: Delhi – Vishakhapatnam – Bhuvneshwar – Delhi sector (Please see supplement cost) Please note for all India domestic flights, free luggage allowance is 15 kg for check in luggage and 7-8 kg for hand carry baggage.
11. Drinking water: 2 bottles of mineral water per person per day in the car.
12. Wet tissues in the vehicle
PACKAGE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
1. Travel insurance. Highly recommend to take your own insurance on or before paying us.
2. Flight/Accommodation/Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary.
3. Visa Fee. - India visa: Visa is requested to be obtained before your arrival. Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry to India.
4. Tipping: tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc. You can pay more or less depending on their services. - Tip in India, as appreciation to the guide and driver, we highly recommend USD3-5 per person per day to the guide and USD4-6 per person per day to the driver. Not necessary tip to our airport representatives but first arrival from your region which are often wee hours, so we suggest USD2 for thanks.
5. Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, camera fee in monuments, etc.
6. Optional activities
7. Wifi in the hotel.
8. Excess Baggage Charges.
➢ The above rates are based on presently prevailing taxes and entrances to the monuments. If there is any change, prices will also change accordingly. ➢ No rooms are booked as of now. Once we get booking order then we will initiate the reservations. ➢ Sometimes proposed hotels/ room categories are sold out for desired dates. In this case we will book the accommodation at best available alternate hotel and shall the supplement/ reduction accordingly.
Our photo tours focus on taking you to places, which have a unique appeal to photographers. We seek the beauty of landscape and seascape, the heritage of cultural diversity and the bustle of street and marketplaces. Effectively, photography through geography.
Our tours will seek the best moments, light and opportunities to compose shots, which reflect upon those inimitable moments. We feel it is of value to immerse ourselves in local culture through, not only people and landscapes, but also, where feasible, through culinary experience and accommodation, which is culturally sympathetic.
Interaction and understanding and, where feasible, spending time with people, makes moments and images more meaningful.
‘It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see’.