Guided Wild Atlantic Way Photography Tour
Our photo tours focus on taking you to places, which have a unique appeal to photographers. We seek the beauty of landscape and seascape, the heritage of cultural diversity and the bustle of street and marketplaces. Effectively, photography through geography.
Our tours will seek the best moments, light and opportunities to compose shots, which reflect upon those inimitable moments. We feel it is of value to immerse ourselves in local culture through, not only people and landscapes, but also, where feasible, through culinary experience and accommodation, which is culturally sympathetic.
Interaction and understanding and, where feasible, spending time with people, makes moments and images more meaningful.
We pride ourselves on a ‘hands on’ approach, which enables clients to avail of sessions in which there are photo critiques and a chance to reflect on images captured whilst on tour. It is recommended that all participants bring laptops or tablets so that we can benefit from interaction and discussion, and ways of editing our images to get a result reflecting your own unique style.
‘It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see’.
HENRY DAVID THOREAU
Our knowledge of Ireland and specifically, the Wild Atlantic Way enables us to go to the best beaches, wreck sites, ancient ruins, castles, waterfalls, mountains, rivers and lakes. We will additionally, where possible, visit some of the older pubs which have traditional music and seek out people still involved in traditional farming or fishing practices.
The locations have been selected for their photographic appeal along the highly indented western coastline. The climate is temperate and dominated by the Gulf Stream, with warm, moist summers and mild wet winters.
Ireland has an ancient history with remnants of neolithic culture as well as vestiges from more recent times in the form of castles and old estates. It is a place where people have interacted with the ancient landscapes for millennia and it is this fusion, which creates unique photographic opportunities.
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner for the time of the tour
- Entrance fees to monuments etc
- Transfer from Cork Airport at the start of the tour and to Carrickfinn (Donegal), at the end of the tour.
- Photo tour leaders (two or three depending on the size of the group – they will also be your drivers)
- All transport with 2 people in each car (possibly 3 if the group is comprised of 5 people). If there are 6 people then there will be three cars.
- The cost of the tour is €3200. To reserve a place/confirm the booking a deposit of 10% is required per person – €320
- The single supplement is €300
Services not included/additional costs
Alcohol and occasional stops for coffee/tea/snacks